Sunday, February 7, 2010

I should probably spread things out more...

After not doing so much for the past 6 months, I finally decided to try and have a busy day. It started at about 630am and ended with working a concert til about 2am. I'm thinking maybe I'll try spreading things out a bit more for now on.

I"m finally done with the LSAT. I got to Southwestern School of Law at about 8am, ready to go with my 8 sharpened pencils, pencil sharpener (just in case all 8 of them broke, I guess), eraser, apple juice, snack bar and LSAT ticket, all within a gallon sized ziplock bag (they actually specify how big of a ziplock bag you can bring in to the testing area).

I had a bit of a different group at the test this time than the last time I took it. While during the break at my last test I walked past one guy crying just before I walked into a cloud of smoke being produced by the jittery test takers trying to get a nicotine fix, I instead walked out of the testing area to find all of the 40 testers sitting in complete silence, quickly scarfing down food (Well mostly all, there was also quite a line for the women's restroom...).

After the LSAT, I went home for a quick nap, and then got ready for running the lighting board for a band called Fight From Above at the Troubadour here in West Hollywood. I had some notes from rehearsal to go over, listened to their album another time through and then headed over to the show around 10am. I ended up running lights for their opening act as well so I'd be up to speed on the board by showtime. Here's a fuzzy looking picture I took from behind the board, up on the balcony, during the concert: Not sure if you can really make that out, but that's the lighting board, and way down there is the band. It ended up being a fun day all in all, with a bit of the studious and a bit of the creative mixed in. Now the hard part comes...waiting the three weeks for the LSAT score...

No comments: