Monday, December 21, 2009

Jeff's Guide to Unemployment #3: Travel Cheap!

Though it's obviously not recommended to do this often, if you must take a trip, pack as many people into one car, don't drive far and once you get there, pack as many people into one room as possible. I got to put this theory into practice (as I did many times throughout college) while venturing up to Napa Valley this past fall with Angie, Chris, Ryan and Maha. We just stayed the night, but we were able to check out a number of the vineyards in the area.

Here are some pictures that we took in front of the Golden Gate bridge as we made our way up in the morning.


Once there, we quickly went to our first vineyard, Peju, at the recommendation of some of Ryan and Chris' friends. While I felt quite decadent just getting to try some of their wines, I got to witness a man with a large belt buckle and a woman with very large hair from Dallas spend about $400 on a few crates of the stuff. Here we are entering the place.

Here's a few shots of Angie and I out and about. The first is us walking up the stairs of the sparkling wine vineyard where we all shared one of the samplers where we got to try about 9 different types of their very nice, fizzy sparkling wine. The building and surrounding landscaping was apparently a replica of the company's original vineyard in the Champagne region of France. The second picture is of us in a parking lot in front of the grapes.


And on our way back, we headed to the coast, unfortunately to find it completely covered in fog. Luckily we did find a jelly fish to entertain us:

1 comment:

Stacee said...

How cute you two are! I am very happy that you were able to stop by Peju Winery for a tasting and I hope you had a wonderful time! I have been working here over 10 years and still look forward to coming to work. It is a rough job when one of the requirements is to taste great wine!
Hope to see you back at Peju soon!
Stacee
www.peju.com