Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jeff's Guide to Unemployment #2: Beaches are Free, TOO!!!!

Luckily another one of my favorite outdoorsy pastimes is free, as well, and I've tried to take full advantage with my time. When I'm not hiking, I've tried to make it out to the beach. It's a bit farther of a trek from my new home in West Hollywood, but it's usually worth the 30-45 minute commute to get a view of the ocean. Apart from trips to Venice Beach and Santa Monica Beach, I've also made it out to Half Moon Bay up in Northern California and also had a pretty amazing trip down the coast along Highway 1 with Angie a few weeks back. I tend to forget to bring cameras to the beach, but luckily Angie and I like to go to beaches together pretty often, and she always seems to remember to bring a camera along.

First off, here's Angie and I at Santa Monica Beach, one of our favorite spots:

Here's a picture at a beach on the northwest corner of San Francisco. If you look closely, you can see a bit of the Golden Gate Bridge. While dissapointingly lacking the nice sandy beaches of Southern California, it provided some pretty good views:

Here's the first beach Angie and I stopped at on our way down the Pacific coast. In the second picture, you can see a kind of see the hippie that had pulled his van off by the ocean so that he could dramatically spin around while holding his guitar off to the side and staring into the sky. I found him pretty amusing:


And here we are near Big Sur a bit further down the West Coast. We stopped at a few places with views over the cliffs that line that part of the coast when it was nearing sunset, in order to satisfy my unquenchable thirst for emo pictures:

No comments: