Hello Everyone,
I thought I'd give everyone some proof that I didn't, in fact, get lost on my way to Edinburgh and adopt some kind of Gypsy lifestyle. So far everything is good! I'm finding my way around pretty well. I can get everywhere on campus now. I even found a jazz club near campus that I want to try out.
I've started classes here. I found out that both of the philosophy classes that I enrolled in are actually year long courses that they let visiting students enter into during the second half. Unfortunately, that means I had no idea what was going on for a bit. It's getting better though.
My roommates all seem like pretty cool guys. It's an eclectic group. There's Steve, the 25 year old Scott who's coming back to school after taking some time off when he didn't know what he wanted to do. There's Leonardo, the 19 year old Italian who's into art and playing violin. He described Edinburgh as really beautiful, for a "newer city." Apparently the city he's from is 1000 years old. Axel is 23 and from Germany. I haven't talked to him much yet, but he seems pretty nice. Adam is a 21 year old American from a small liberal arts college in Eastern Pennsylvania.
We've all been out a few times. It seems like it could be pretty interesting. All my roommates seem to have gotten into this group of friends that are mostly international students. I've met people from Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Holland, England and i think a few others so far.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment