Friday, February 22, 2008

My Thoughts on the University of Michigan

I have heard a rumor that Jim enjoyed his visit to Michigan and was quite impressed with the school. While I am very happy to hear that Jim has potentially found a school that he likes, I would like to remind Jim and Emily of a few things. And by a few things, I mean the weather.

During the past week, in mid-february, this is how I spent my weekend:


That's right, throwing a frisbee down by the beach, suckas.




Wouldn't you guys like to enjoy a nice stroll down the beach in the middle of winter?


To aid you in your decision, Jim and Emily, I thought I would remind you two of Jim's past weekend spent in Michigan. I called up the head of the event planning committee over at Michigan's art school and got him to email me a picture that was taken of all the prospective MFA students who were waiting around outside before their interviews.



While I commend you all for such nice formal attire, that seems far too cold for me. So remember, when making your decision, keep this in mind: U of Michigan might have really good facilities, professors, blah blah blah.... but California has beaches, sunshine and In 'N' Out.

If nothing else, do it for Jonah. Kids like beaches, not wearing 4 layers of jackets.

Always glad to help,

Jeff

2 comments:

Watkins said...

Thanks Jeff, we'll keep that in mind when making our decision.
em

Watkins said...

Thanks Jeff, we'll keep that in mind when making our decision.
em