Friday, January 25, 2008

The Beginning of the Semester

Hello there,

I thought I'd give you guys a little update on my semester so far. No pictures for this one, so for all of you ADDers in our family, you may want to skip to the next post. For those of you interested, here's my classes for this semester:

Music Distribution and Publishing
Music Media Solutions Lab
Music Theory
Legal Writing
Computer Assisted Recording Techniques

So far I'm really enjoying all of my classes. My two favorite so far are Music Media Solutions Lab and Legal Writing. For the Music Media Solutions Lab, the sales analysis department from Universal Music Group is funding a research project to be done by our class. We just had a meeting with three people from Universal on Wednesday, and it looks like they are leaving it completely open ended. They seem interested in any ideas we can possibly think of to increase sales, or at the very least stop the huge decline in sales that has occurred over the past few years. While this gives us complete control, it also leaves it very open ended and without much focus. It should be interesting to see how this evolves. I'll keep you guys posted about this project over the next few months.

In other news, i actually rushed at a fraternity. My friend Chris always talks very highly of his frat, which is trying to be the "least frat-like frat" at USC, having just started about 3 semesters ago. I thought I'd check it out to see if it could be worth joining. The night that I went, one of their alumni offered his luxury suite at the Staples Center for us to use during a Clippers game. It turns out this guy is worth $2.5 Billion, and for some reason loves to do stuff for these guys. All the guys seemed very nice, but in the end, i think it's too big of a time commitment for me to make. That, and I'd rather not have to pay $3000 for friends.

I think that's pretty much it for now. Hopefully I'll keep updating this thing more regularly now that I'm back at school. I'll also try to get more pictures to put up here.

ttfn

1 comment:

dwatkinstx said...

Jeff, thanks for the excellent update. Dad