Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Past Week: Oh Midterms, How I Hate You

As you can clearly tell by this candid shot of me studying, I had midterms over the past few weeks. The past week was the worst, with two big papers due. I really just put this up because I noticed that SOMEONE (dad) commented on the lack of posts that mention studying. So take THAT! Now onto the weekend:

I did Aids Walk here in Los Angeles on Saturday. It was fun to see all the different people that come out to support the same cause. It was a 10K walk around in West Hollywood.


Unforunately, after all the talk about how everyone could be a "green" walker (meaning that all donations and information about the event would be via the internet), the walk organizers apparently forgot to put enough recycling bins around. Funny how that happens. Here's how all of the "green" walkers reacted to the lack of trash/recycling bins:




In other news, I got to work backstage at the John Williams concert at USC's auditorium! If any of you happen to not know, John Williams wrote the scores for Star Wars, Jaws, ET, Schindler's List, Harry Potter, etc. I was forunate enough to get to speak a few words to him, and got such pearls of wisdom from him as: "Where's the light in here?" "I think I'm ready, please open the door" and "yea...let's do another encore. Open the door!" Not quite the most glamorous job, but exciting.

2 comments:

John said...

I almost had a heart attack when I saw that picture of you and John Williams until I saw that you just put your head in it...

dwatkinstx said...

Jeff, good studying!